Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- feeding strict diets to dogs and cats
- washing bedding and other laundry
- washing dishes
- walking dogs and safely monitoring playgroups
- closely monitoring each animal’s eating, potty and behavior habits
- cleaning and sanitation of facility
- exercising dogs of all sizes and breeds
- cleaning cat condos
- bathing dogs + cats prior to departure
*ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE HAD PREVIOUS WORKING EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS) WITH EITHER A VETERINARY CLINIC, ANIMAL BOARDING FACILITY, OR ANIMAL SHELTER. APPLICATIONS WITH NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.*
Every potential candidate must also possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and client service skills- In person, via phone and written
- Must possess sound decision making skills and the ability to multi-task
- Properly handle pets, to ensure pets’ safety and handlers’ safety.
- Must enjoy keeping pets and kennels clean.
- Ability to work Independently and be a Team Player
- Be Extremely Dependable & On time
- Well groomed, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Ability to Multi-Task in a Fast Pace Environment
Must be comfortable working with Dogs & Cats
- Dependable attendance is required.
- Must able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work holidays & weekends
- This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a minimum 10 hour day.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, prioritize task and understand written directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Cannot be allergic to dogs/ cats/ rabbits
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 6 months’ work experience – Hands On with Animals
Offered for full time employees: Medical, 401 (k), paid sick + vacation time.
COMPENSATION DEPENDS ON PRIOR EXPERIENCE